Sunday, March 11, 2007

Damn Those Girl Scouts!

My daughter joined Girl Scouts this year and she is excited to get her first badge for selling cookies. She had to sell 50 boxes to get the badge and she met her goal, which is very exciting for her. It’s just murder for me though. BIG men and Girl Scout cookies don’t go well together. My wife was smart and hid them from me. I get one serving per day, which works out to four Think Mints (which are the best), two Lemonades, or two Peanut Butter Patties (both of which are quality cookies).

Everywhere I go I have reminders of Girl Scout cookies: church, home, my daughter’s school – they are everywhere, permeating my brain and begging me to eat them. Truth be told I shouldn’t be eating any of them, but I can justify one serving per day. If I had my druthers, I would not have any in the house at all. It’s just easier that way, but I have to support my daughter. Supporting her does not equate into my eating cookies, but I just can’t stay out of them. So we compromise with one serving per day. Since I don’t know where they are, then it works out okay. I have managed not to search the house for them.

And what of the hypocrisy of this post in conjunction with the preceding one? All I can say is that I am a messed up dude and I need some serious help and soon.

No comments: