Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Insulin Makes for One Hungry Jack

My doctor warned me that moving to insulin might make me hungrier. That is an unfortunate side effect. That is just so crazy. Most folks on insulin are overweight to begin with. Not all diabetics are fat, mind you, but many are. So you don’t lose weight and your diabetes progresses to the point that you have to supplement your oral medications with insulin or you have to go to insulin altogether. It makes you feel very hungry so you eat more, gain weight and require more insulin. It is insanity I tell you. Insanity.

So not only do I have problems with overeating, but now I have a medication that makes me hungrier. What the Hell am I supposed to do about that? Well, I’ve already talked about what I am planning on doing, but it sucks that the meds I need to take make me more unhealthy.

1 comment:

Lenny said...

Dude that totally sucks that does not sound fair at all. Just hang in their until the surgery! When and what kind you finally decide on,.....I read your other blog today. Lenny